The USFLN is a connected network of Fab Labs who exchange knowledge, ideas, and resources to collectively empower people of all ages and backgrounds to experiment and invent new products to solve real world problems at local, national, and global levels.
Our Vision:The USFLN will be known as a robust community of Fab Labs who have dramatically advanced interest and participation in science and technology careers, collectively created a new generation of entrepreneurs, inventors and artisans; and proactively reunited education and training, art and the artisan, industrial production, and personal expression nation-wide, – all contributing to the resurgence of American innovation.
- Experimentation: We believe experimentation is the key to invention and overall economic sustainability for the U.S.
- Hands-On Learning: We strongly value and support hands-on learning.
- Open Access: People of all ages and backgrounds should have open access to space, equipment, and technology among people of all ages and backgrounds.
- Collaboration: We believe collectively, we can do more than any one can accomplish alone.
- Problem Solving: We believe all people can help solve real world problems.
- Empowerment: We strive to empower businesses, entrepreneurs, and the general public.
- Creativity: We believe that all people have creative talent.
- Achievement: We believe Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) education can be fun and attainable for all, not just engineers and scientists.
- Establish a Robust Clearinghouse of Information to Support Fab Lab Growth & Development
- Develop Educational Support Materials
- Strengthen Communication & Interaction Among Fab Labs
- Cultivate Collaborative Projects
- Increase Visibility at Local, Regional, & National Levels
- Research & Document Impact of Fab Labs
- Grow Resources & Strengthen Network Administration